Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What they see is ME

I was sitting in my back yard the other day thinking about how awesome it would be to live on a farm and have my own garden, my own calf and pig (pets of course). I tried to play through in my head how neat it would be and then it hit me. That is a lot of hard work! I moan and groan about getting up to feed the dogs we have, or cleaning the litter boxes. I hardly eat fruits and vegetables. In fact, I eat out 80% of the time (that's why I'm so fat). And speaking of fatness, When was the last time you saw a fat lazy person out in the field weeding the crop?

I don't know who I am! But wait, yes I do.

I have this image in my head of who I am. Earth friendly. Fit women, who can run 4 miles. I dress really trendy, different and eco friendly.

Who I really am...

I recycle, only for my husband and I to argue about who took the bins out (talk about lazy). I tried to do the whole eco-friendly cleaners etc., and just got frustrated because they weren't working as well. O and I'm trying to tell myself I'm going to cloth diaper whenever we have our child. Who the heck am I kidding!!

99% of the time I'm wearing scrubs, polyester blend scrubs mind you (what they dry faster in the dryer!) And when I'm not I'm wearing sweats or a pair of jeans I had to shove into.

About 7-8 years ago, I was fit. About 135lbs. I ran no less than 2 miles a day (usually 4). Went to the gym 5+ days a week. Now I sleep 10-12 hours a day. I haven't been to the gym since before I injured my ankle in roller derby probably 8 months ago. It's quite comical when I think about it, at my second job everyone is an athlete, they all do fun runs and triathlons and shit. So everyone once in a while they'll be talking about running or training and I'll pipe in the conversation. You see, in my head I'm still that fit person, that actually knows quite a bit about training, running etc. Only for them they stop talking and look at me like I'm full of shit. The looks on their faces are really priceless. On occasion they will actually look at me from head to toe, not kidding. Because you see, what they see, is ME!

No comments: